Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some new work from the weekend.

Yes, it's true, I have been out and about last week now that I'm feeling a little more mobile again. I'm a huge fan of large heavy machinery and urban decay, so I present my most recent shots from last Sunday at Summerlee Hertitage Park in Coatbridge, Glasgow.

DSC_0044 resixe for blog

This old crane is now more ornamental than anything else and stands proudly in at the entrance to the park. I really like the way that the light is reflecting off the side here.

DSC_0097 copy resizefor blog

This elderly engine is standing right at the back of the park with two other engines, just left to rot and decay. I really like the vibrant colours and textures on the side of the train.

DSC_0076image resize for blog

This is an old fire truck which is thriving on neglect, I really liked the location and the shapes made by the truck, the old fence and the mine winch at in the background.

DSC_0082 copy resize for blog

These are the two other engines accompanying the green engine on a disused piece of track. It's such a shame that these once proud machines are just left to ruin.

There are other photographs from this particular outing here. I would really recommend the viewing the larger versions for full impact.

Thanks for looking.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment